This week saw the start of a new gastronomic event in MijasTown and La Cala de Mijas: La Ruta del Cuchareo (literally translated as ‘The Spoon Route”).
During the cooler months of winter (January, February and March) locals and visitors will be able to sample a wide selection of tasty local homemade dishes and stews. Many of the bars and restaurants in Mijas and La Cala will be offering a fantastic combination of warm tapa (stew, casserole or rice served in a clay dish) and a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) for just €2 🙂
Here are the details for each location:
La Cala de Mijas
- When: Every Wednesday and Saturday during the months of January, February and March.
- Times: From 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Participating Restaurants and Bars: Restaurante Paco y Cristóbal, Cafetería Arroyo, Restaurante San México, Restaurante El Torreón, Bodega Bandolero, Pizzería Kekomo, Café Pino, Asociación Peña Cultural El Caballo and Peña La Majadilla.
- When: Every Friday and Saturday during the months of January, February and March.
- Times: 12:00pm to 3:00pm & 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Participating Restaurants and Bars: Restaurante La Fuente, Bar Mesón El Puerto, Bar La Taberna, Cafetería Bellavista, Tapas de Bar Carmen, Restaurante Triana, Bodega El Placer, Bar Porras, Restaurante Meguiñez, Enoteca Museo del Vino, Bar Restaurante El Refugio y Bar Restaurante Alarcón.
As is now customary during this type of event, visitors are given their own ‘passport’ which they can then use to collect stamps from all the different establishments they visit on their route. Once completed these can be handed in for a chance to win some super prizes 🙂
If you are visiting the Costa del Sol during the winter months of January, February and March, we highly recommend you visit Mijas or La Cala (or both) and try some of the mouth-watering homemade stews for just €2!