This Wednesday sees the start of the Fuengirola Fair. Lasting a total of 7 days (from the 6th until the 12th October) the fair will be the perfect excuse to take in some traditional Spanish culture – and have some great fun whilst you’re at it –
The fair takes place in the “Recinto Ferial”(Fair Ground) which is situated in the centre of the town and has easy access either by bus or by train.
The Fuengirola fair has a something for everyone: a wide selection of rides for children and adults as well as the traditional “casetas” where you can enjoy a nice glass of wine and a tapa of “jamón Serrano” whilst you listen to typical flamenco music. If you are feeling in the spirit, you may even want to have a go at the “Sevillanas”, the typical dance for these occasions.
These are some of the highlights of the fair that might be interesting:
Saturday de 9th October
- The Virgen del Rosario Equestrian Show in the main fair ground.
- Top grade Bullfight with some of the best names; El Cordobés, Francisco Rivera and El Fandi
- Evening Concert – Lolita (daughter of the famous Lola Flores)
Sunday 10th October
- Bullfight on Horseback. (If you’ve never seen this before, this is really worth watching)
Monday 11th October
- Children’s Party with Clowns, face painting and balloons.
- Special Children’s evening with all fair rides at 50% of normal price (If you have kids, this will save you a fortune!)
If you’d like some more information or would like to buy tickets for the bullfights, just ask at our Leisure Desk and they be able to fill you in on all the details.