This weekend, our neighbours in Torremolinos celebrate their local festivities in honour of their patron. The ‘Feria de San Miguel’ is the biggest event of the year and offers 4 days (from 26th to 29th September) of fun and entertainment to all who visit the town.
There’s lots going on over the course of these 4 days and below we’ve put together 4 reasons why we think you should visit the Torremolinos fair this weekend. It’s a great opportunity to experience true Spanish culture and have a blast whilst you’re at it! 🙂
1) Taste delicious local foods… for Free!
On Friday 26th September – from 1pm to 7pm – in the ‘Federico Garcia Lorca’ square all the local bars will be offering free tapas and other delicacies. Make sure you get there early as it’s only whilst stocks last.
On Sunday the 28th September they will be making a giant Paella in the ‘Rio Aguasvivas’ square. Head on down there at 2pm for a plate of free paella!
2) Enjoy some true local culture
There are plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the weekend… here are a few you might enjoy:
- Great Equestrian Show in the Torremolinos Bullring on Friday 26th September. Tickets for this event are available at the Sunset Beach Club leisure desk.
- Processions with a live marching band: Friday 26th September at 6:15pm is the opening procession which leaves from the ‘San Miguel’ square. On Monday 29th September at 7pm you can enjoy the official procession in honour of ‘San Miguel’; this also leaves from the ‘San Miguel’ square.
- Flamenco music and dancing during the ‘Day fair’ which takes place in the centre of town everyday.
3) Lots of fun for the Kids
Every day there are shows, theatre and activities for the little ones. The place to go is the special Kid’s ‘Caseta’ set up at the main fair ground. The only downside is that these shows start late (10pm) but hey, you’re on holiday! 😉
What’s a ‘Feria’ without all the fun rides? From around 6pm every day, all the rides will be open at the main fair ground; however, we recommend you wait until Tuesday 30th September as this is officially ‘Children’s Day’ and all the rides are available at half price (1.50€).
4) Live music and concerts
Every evening the ‘Principe de Asturias’ Auditorium will host live music and concerts. There will be a bit of everything but we recommend the Diana Navarro concert at 11pm on Saturday the 27th September. Winner of a Latin Grammy award as Best New Artist in 2005, she’s the headline artist for the ‘Feria’.
If you fancy doing something different this weekend and would like to experience some true Spanish culture, we highly recommend you jump on the bus and head into Torremolinos for their ‘San Miguel’ Fair. You’ll have a brilliant time!
For more information about the fair, please ask Susanna or Mari Carmen at the Sunset Beach Club leisure desk.