Everyday – from March to December (2014) – the famous ‘La Malagueta’ bullring in Malaga city will host a series of activities and shows related to the art of bullfighting and Andalusian culture.
The company which manages this iconic bullring will offer an ample programme of bullfighting, music and cultural events. Below, we’ve included a brief summary of what you can expect to see over the next few months.
- Celebration of, at least, seven traditional bullfights and one horseback bullfight.
- Each week you’ll be able to watch the acclaimed show ‘La Vida: toros y caballos’ with its artistic director, Álvaro Domecq. (A must watch!)
- Weekly exhibition of cattle handling (free entrance)
- Educational and practical seminars on the origins of bullfighting led by students and teachers from the ProvincialBullfightingSchool.
- Five shows throughout the year (artists and dates are to be confirmed)
- Series of shows titled ‘Flamenco en La Plaza’ (Flamenco in the ring) which will take place in the interior corridors of the bullring every Sunday at midday.
- Every day you will be able to see exhibitions of paintings; photographs; sculptures and other bullfighting-related objects as well as bullfighting audio visuals. (This all takes place in a multifunctional room located in the interior corridors of the bullring).
- This same room will also offer a series of bullfighting movies, flamenco shows, conferences, round tables, educational chats, wine tasting, gastronomic demonstrations and lots more.
As soon as we have the official programme of events with definitive dates for all the shows and activities, we’ll be sure to post them here
If you would like more information about these activities and events, please ask Susanna or Annemie on the Sunset Beach Club Leisure Desk located on the 6th floor of the hotel, they’ll be happy to help!