Malaga’s ‘La Noche en Blanco’ (White Night) has established itself as one the city’s most important cultural events. On Saturday 20th May – from 7:00 pm to 02:00 am – all who visit the Costa del Sol’s capital will be treated to an unbelievable selection of free cultural activities.
This year’s event will have 217 different activities and spread out over 92 different locations throughout the city. All the activities are grouped into different categories and themes:
- Art, Museums and Exhibitions
- Artistic performances. Urban and Street actions
- Literary and Scenic Arts
- Extraordinary Visits & Activities
This year’s main theme is ‘dreams’. With impressive Urban style actions and performances, a special children’s section taking place in the trendy Soho area of the city, live music concerts and performances throughout the city streets and many forms of unique artistic interpretations, Málaga city centre will become a cultural treasure chest for all who visit.
This cultural festival takes place from 7:00 pm to 02:00 am on Saturday 20th May; Seven hours in which visitors to the city will be able to enjoy free access to all the planned events and activities, including entrances to the city’s most popular museums!
This year the organisers have made a free app for the event. Available or iOS and Android, it’s called Personal Dreamer and will help you easily find all the activities through an intuitive interface. You’ll also be able to set up alerts for your favourite activities and use the geolocation function to identify activities located near your position as well as detailed map and route of how to get there.
Quick tip: seven hours is not long enough to see all the attractions and events so, if you’re thinking of going to the ‘White Night’, make sure you plan your itinerary beforehand. Some of the activities may require reservations as availability is limited.
Here are some of the activities you might enjoy:
- Panoramic night tour of Malaga city: The tourist bus will take you on a wonderful journey to see the city’s most famous landmarks. (Tickets are just €2). From 9:00 pm.
- Alex Ubago concert at 9:00 pm in Plaza de la Constitución.
- Helium Clouds in Calle Echegaray. An artistic installation of helium clouds which will recreate a sky full of dreams.
- Light show in the main ‘Alameda’ (main street running through the centre of Málaga).
- Night time visit to Malaga’s Alcazaba Fortress: From 9:00 pm and entrance is free. Please note that entrances are handed out from 9:00 am on Saturday 20th May at the Alcazaba’s main reception (max. 4 tickets per person).
- Violin recital by Jesús Reina in the old Episcopal Palace’s old chapel.
- Visit the city’s main museums and galleries including The Pompidou Centre, The Russian Museum of St. Petersburg, The Carmen Thyssen Museum, the spectacular Picasso Museum and the new ‘Museo de Málaga’ located in the old customs building.
Feeling adventurous and want to head straight in to Málaga on Saturday evening to explore this cultural festival? You’ll be happy to know that there are two special information points where you can find out everything about the event.
The first is located in Calle Larios and the second in the ‘Archivo Histórico Municipal’ which is on the main avenue near the Alameda.
If you’re staying at Sunset Beach Club, you can just jump on the M110 bus which will take you straight into the centre of Málaga, the perfect place to start your ‘White Night’ adventure. For more information about Malaga’s ‘Noche en Blanco’, please ask at the leisure desk located on the 6th floor of the hotel.
Enjoy this superb cultural experience and let us know what you thought in the comments below 😉