Once again, the white village of Guaro is ready to welcome visitors from all over the Costa del Sol (and the rest of Spain) for its spectacular Luna Mora Festival. Showcasing the diversity of Andalusian music and culture, this unique festival takes place on the 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th of September and promises visitors an impressive programme of events including live music, dance, street performers and a large selection of workshops to participate in.
The previous edition of the Festival attracted more than 50,000 visitors, a figure which will undoubtedly continue to grow as word spreads of this beautiful event which is known for the 25.000 candles which light up its streets come nightfall.
The daily programme of events is extensive; we’ve highlighted some of our favourites below:
- A traditional Moorish Market set up throughout the streets of the town.
- ‘Drawing with Candles’ workshop.
- Children’s workshop, ‘Ludopuzzle’.
- Live music in the town squares.
- Children’s stories in the ‘Plaza de los Cuentos’ (Story Tale Square).
- ‘Magicalle’ Street Performers throughout the streets of the town.
- Adults percussion workshop.
- … and lots more!
For those of you who enjoy watching live music, there are four concerts programmed for the Festival:
- Friday 7th September: Clara Montes and Natural Drama – 11pm at the Auditorio dela Luna Mora (Traditional Flamenco music and dance)
- Saturday 8th September: Málaga Canta – Virginia Gámez, Ana Fargas, Antonia Contreras y Bonela Hijo – Tradicional Flamenco. The concert will be held at the Auditorio dela Luna Mora at 11pm.
- Friday 14th September: Argentina – Young and up-and-coming singer from Huelva singing Flamenco. At 11pm in the Auditorio dela Luna Mora.
- Saturday 15th September: Manuel Carrasco – At 11pm in the Auditorio dela Luna Mora.