Winter Breaks for Seniors: 5 Suggestions for an Enjoyable Holiday on the Costa del SolBy
Look out of your window; is it rainy and miserable? Fancy a little fun in the sun? It’s easy: log on to one of the budget airline websites and grab a cheap flight to Málaga. Actually, you might want to check on our website first – just to make sure we have availability! Once you’ve got your flight and have booked accommodation (we’ve got some fantastic winter offers for seniors) we’ll take care of the rest!
Here’s 5 suggestions on what to do during your winter break at Sunset:
1) First of all, get those bags unpacked and head straight down to our fantastic landscaped pool area. Hopefully the sun will be shining – we do have over 300 days of sunshine a year – and you can enjoy a quiet drink whilst soaking up some of our Mediterranean sun. Feeling relaxed? Good….now its time to join in some fun activities. Our in house entertainment team organise a wide range of activities over the winter months: Exercise classes, petanca, darts, bingo, bridge; you can even learn how to make a traditional Spanish paella at one of our cooking lessons!
2) Game of Golf or some pampering at our “Thalgo” beauty salon? Decisions, decisions…….. If you choose to play golf, just head up to our Golf and Leisure desk on the 6th floor and they will take care of everything for you. You’ve got a choice of the top courses on the Coast to choose from and you can purchase tee times at discounted rates. If a little pampering is more to your liking, you can indulge in some fantastic treatments in our onsite beauty salon. Marine Algae envelopment for anyone?
3) Ok, it’s time to head back up to the leisure desk and ask for advice on excursions and sightseeing tips. The Costa del Sol is often associated with beach and sun holidays; what many people do not realise is that we have a wonderful selection of cultural and historical treats too! Ask about tours to Málaga city centre where you can see the wonderful cathedral and the famous Picasso Museum. If you feel a little more adventurous, consider taking the trip to the Alhambra Palace in Granada; short listed as a potential 8th wonder of the world, it’s Moorish architecture and amazing views will not disappoint.
4) Go Shopping!!! There’s plenty of choice when it comes to shopping. The El Corte Inglés shopping centres are always popular as is the Plaza Mayor centre just outside Málaga. If luxury is what you are looking for, then look no further than the world famous Puerto Banús with its expensive boutiques and amazing choice of restaurants; even if you just fancy a little window shopping, this is the place to go.
5) Forget the above and just take a gentle stroll along the new promenade in front of the hotel; perfect at any time of day during the winter months. You can even walk down to the Marina (about 25mins) stopping off on the way for a couple of tapas and a refreshing drink; don’t forget to take a good book too! The perfect way to end your day? I suggest you visit our Oasis Restaurant where you can dine in style and dance the evening away to live music.
So, what do you think? Are you up for it?